Place a Job Order
There are three ways to post job openings with the New York State Job Bank:
- New York State Job Bank
Post your jobs on the New York State Job Bank. This free service allows you to manage your job orders throughout the recruitment process. For new users, registration approval may take up to 3 business days.
Please Note: If you need assistance, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (888) 4-NYSDOL.
- Contact Us
You can contact us using one of the following options:
- Outside NYC: For jobs located in New York State (not in New York City) use this NYS Fast Fax Form. Fax it to (518) 485-1333.
- In NYC: For jobs located in New York City, fill out this NYC Fast Fax Form. Fax it to (718) 613-3952.
To speed up this process, please fax a copy of your Prevailing Wage Determination (if needed) with your job order request. Write "see attached" under the job description portion of your fast fax form.
- Outside NYC: For jobs located in New York State (not in New York City) complete this fillable job order form. E-mail it to email@example.com.
- In NYC: For jobs located in New York City, complete this fillable job order form. E-mail it to NYC.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the job description section, be sure to include:
- The O*NET-SOC code.
- The prevailing wage from your Prevailing Wage Determination (PWD). You may elect to scan a copy of your PWD and e-mail it along with your job order.
- Outside NYC: For jobs located in New York State (not in New York City) call (888) 4-NYSDOL.
- In NYC: For jobs located in New York City, call (718) 780-9499.
- Include Your Jobs Automatically
Indexing is a free feature of the NYS Job Bank. It allows jobs posted on your own corporate website to upload to the Job Bank daily. This feature helps you reach more jobseekers while saving you from having to post positions in multiple places. Simply add, change or close available job postings on your own site and the information updates daily in the NYS Job Bank.
Is your business a candidate for indexing?
In order for your jobs to be indexed, your corporate site must include these 4 specific things:
- Job Title
- Job Location: City, State
- Job Description
- A link where persons may apply
To request this service, complete a simple request online.
Meeting Your Job Posting Compliance Needs
When you post a job on the NYS Job Bank we can provide you with documentation to verify the posting for your Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) needs. Whether your jobs automatically download to the NYS Job Bank from your company website through ‘indexing’ or you post them individually, this service will provide you with the documentation you need at no cost. For more information or to request documentation please contact the NYS Job Bank at NYSJobbank@labor.ny.gov
Thanks for the feedback! It will help us improve your experience.